News

Judge delays probable cause hearing for Hernandez

Judge delays probable cause hearing for Hernandez

A judge has rescheduled a probably cause hearing for Aaron Hernandez. Photo: Associated Press

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) — A judge has rescheduled a probably cause hearing for former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez to give prosecutors more time to present evidence to a grand jury in their murder case against him.

Hernandez was in court Wednesday for the hearing, but prosecutors said the grand jury is still considering the evidence against him.

Judge Daniel O’Shea has decided to reschedule the hearing for Aug. 22. Hernandez will continue to be held without bail until then.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old Boston semi-professional football player whose body was found June 17 in an industrial park near Hernandez’s home. He had been shot five times.

Latest Headlines

5 hours ago in Viral Videos

WATCH: This slow-mo capture of a lightning strike is like fire falling from the sky

15-overlay-15

This wicked weather was recorded at 7000 frames per second. Mother Nature is truly breathtaking.

6 hours ago in Music, Viral Videos

Blake Shelton finally tries sushi

20-overlay-11

Jimmy Fallon takes "The Voice" judge out for a little dinner and a chance to broaden his horizons.

13 hours ago in Music

Chris Cornell wins mastertapes battle

chriscornell218113539983

The rocker has won the battle for the mastertapes to his Temple of the Dog recordings just in time for the 25th anniversary of the supergroup venture.

13 hours ago in Sports

Spieth welcomes gusting winds forecast at Colonial

23-overlay-10

Strong winds forecast for this week's Colonial tournament in Fort Worth, Texas have put a smile on the face of U.S. Open champion Jordan Spieth who believes he will benefit from the challenge at Colonial Country Club.

13 hours ago in Sports

Security revved up for first Indy 500 sellout

indyREUTERS

The 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 will mark the first sellout in event's long history, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) said on Wednesday, putting added demands on already beefed-up security.