Sgt. Charles Gill, CPD
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – The Clarksville Police Department has partnered with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation and the Office of Sustainable Practices as part of Tennessee’s Pharmaceutical Take Back Program.
These Pharmaceutical Drop Boxes are for citizens to dispose of personal medication items and are not intended for businesses such as hospitals, clinics and pharmacies that are required to dispose of their medications in a manner consistent with DEA guidelines.
The following items will be accepted:
- Prescription Medications
- All over the counter medications
- Pet medications
- Medicated ointments, lotions or drops
- Liquid medications in leak proof containers Pills in plastic containers, baggies, or foil
Illegal drugs or narcotics, needles or syringes, blood sugar equipment, thermometers, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste personal care products such as shampoo and lotions.
The three locations for the Clarksville Police Departments Pharmaceutical drop boxes are as follows:
- Lobby of District 1 Criminal Investigations 1885A at Ft Campbell Blvd (next to Baskin Robins)
- Lobby of District 3 Criminal Investigations at 1584 Vista Lane
- Lobby of Police Headquarters at 135 Commerce Street
The drop hours are 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information, visit the Clarksville Police Department website.