Story courtesy of Premiere Prep
Ozzy Osbourne suffered some injuries — and burnt some of his hair off — during a fire at his Beverly Hills home early Thursday morning.
The fire started after Ozzy and wife Sharon left a candle burning through the night and it exploded in its glass vase, setting off a small fire in the living room.
Ozzy, who was in a cast after undergoing hand surgery on Wednesday, tried to air out the room while Sharon grabbed water to put out the flames. That didn’t work, since the fire began with an oily candle. The flames began to spread and Ozzy’s hair got singed. Firefighters that were called to the scene quickly extinguished the fire.
Sharon talked about the incident Thursday afternoon on her CBS show The Talk, saying that, “Ozzy’s front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone)…he’s got like, skinned cheeks.” She said that they got a lecture from the firemen about candle safety, to which Ozzy said, “She’s been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!” Sharon added, “I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse. It started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I’m sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again.”